Work for Brooklyn School of Languages
Summer Junior Camp Coordinator
Brooklyn School of Languages is looking for a Summer Junior Camp Coordinator to join our team for this Summer. This is a great opportunity to join a boutique, privately owned English Language school in a key role in a great location in Brooklyn Heights, only 1 subway stop from Manhattan.
The successful candidate will have a high standard of pastoral care and committed to helping to maintain the high standards the school has set with agents and students alike since it opened. BSL offers a friendly and energetic working environment, excellent benefits and a commitment to training and developing our staff.
This role will suit a qualified ESL teacher who also has previous administrative and/or activity leading experience. Or an experienced camp coordinator.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Managing day-to-day relationship with St Francis College (location of summer camp)
- 1st day student placement testing and student orientation.
- Day-to-day management of summer camp teaching staff and Activity leaders.
- Leading afternoon activities and excursions.
- Coordinating daily lunch for the student population.
- Coordinating Friday end of course certificate presentations.
- Managing Friday early evening student dinners.
- Assisting with weekend group student transfers from the airport.
- Managing student population on a day-to-day basis (dealing with issues arising).
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proactive, have a great attitude, and be technically competent.
1. Good communication skills including an excellent standard of spoken and written English.
2. Administratively very strong, and able to multi-task easily.
- Previous experience working in a similar role for another English Summer Camp or similar.
4. Have a high standard of pastoral care.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
- ESL teaching qualification /previous ESL teaching experience.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Macs, and Microsoft excel.
- A good knowledge of New York City (especially Brooklyn!).
Dates: June 15th to Aug 8th (8 weeks)
Weekly hours: approx 40 hours per week (some weekend work)
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Rich Ambler, School Director, at rich@
If you are a qualified ESL teacher and interested in Summer teaching work, we are interested in hearing from you! We are currently seeking teachers for our very popular Summer Junior Program for 13-17 year olds that runs from June 28th to August 8th, 2020. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Madison Nunes, Academic and Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Activity Leaders
Brooklyn School of Languages is now accepting applications for Residential and Day Activity Leaders for our Summer Junior Program, which runs from June 28th to August 8th, 2020. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Rich Ambler, School Director, at info@
International Internships at BSL
If you are an international student currently studying overseas, interested in taking an internship in New York City, and can work for at least 6 months, we are interested in hearing from you. Please note that you should be C1 level (as per the CEFR European framework) in your English skills, both in terms of speaking and writing. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Rich Ambler, School Director, at info@